Welcome to the MCCOGS Website!
The Montgomery County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society website is designed to allow our members to engage with each other as they trace their ancestors, find information to enter in their family trees (RootsMagic, Legacy Family Tree, FamilySearch.org, Ancestry etc.), and discover their family histories. We want to make this site a dynamic experience where members can share with and learn from one another. Here are just a few ways to engage on this site today:
2019 Seminar Open For Registration!
Saturday, October 12
The Montgomery County Chapter OGS is excited to announce its 2019 genealogy seminar featuring nationally known speaker Dana Palmer.
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Christ United Methodist Church
3440 Shroyer Road, Dayton, Ohio 45429
Dana will present four classes:
* Collecting Dead Relatives: Finding Burial Locations
* Beginning Military Research Using fold3
* Busting Through Brick Walls by Understanding County Boundaries
* I found Them! Using Residences to Find Elusive Ancestors
For more information and to register, Click HERE
What Can We Do Here?
Check to see if someone else is researching your Surname
Technology Questions? Check out our Blog
Submit feedback, topic ideas or tips to email@example.com. Contact Page
Come back frequently and watch for further enhancements to this site!
New Membership or Renewal
You may join/renew online or by mail.
Welcome to Online Join for the Montgomery County Chapter of the Ohio Genealogical Society. You can enter your membership information (name, address, email, etc.) and then pay via credit/debit card or a PayPal account. PayPal processes the credit/debit cards, you do not have to have a PayPal account to pay by credit/debit card. This is a very secure process, controlled by PayPal one of the largest online payment processing systems used by millions.
If you wish to renew
your membership, you must be logged in first, and be within 30 days of your membership expiration date. A red notice will be displayed on your login page with directions on how to proceed.
To Join or Renew by Mail
: Click here
for the Membership Application form, fill out the form, and mail it in with your check to the Chapter’s P.O. Box shown on the form.
- Educational monthly meetings, annual picnic, holiday party and fieldtrips.
- Subscription to the monthly Family Tree Newsletter including access to archived issues.
- Access to the Society's Members Only Section of the Website.
- Participation in the Surname Exchange List.
- Inclusion on the Society's Membership Email List.
- Discount on registration to the Society's Annual Seminar